Alterations & Return Policy
Dress Shirt & Tailored Clothing Complimentary Alterations And Remakes
Custom shirts and suits can be tricky, and getting everything perfect on your first try doesn’t always happen. Don’t worry though, we’re committed to doing what we can to help you get the perfect fit. If you don’t 100% love how your shirt or tailored clothing fits, we’re more than happy to provide a complimentary alteration or remake. We excel at making alterations and remakes quick and hassle-free.
Note: In addition to complimentary alterations, custom dress shirts and tailored clothing can also be returned for store credit, refunds or exchanges, subject to the Return & Exchange policy below.
Complimentary Alteration and Remake Terms
- Alteration and remake requests must be initiated within 90 days of when you receive your order.
- After a remake or alteration request has been submitted please expect around two weeks for an updated shirt to be delivered, and 4-6 weeks for tailored clothing.
- In order to request an alteration or remake, you must return your original garment to the Proper Cloth showroom in New York.
- Each customer is entitled to up to two complimentary remakes for shirts and two complimentary remakes for tailored clothing. One is usually enough, but you get two. Just in case.
- Customers outside of the US are responsible for return shipping costs.
- Alterations and remakes are subject to fabric stock and availability. If a fabric is no longer in stock, an alternative of equal or lesser value may be selected.
- If your body changes significantly after receiving your garment, we’re more than happy to help update your saved size. However, beyond your two complimentary remakes, Proper Cloth is not responsible for remaking shirts and tailored clothing to fit your changing body size.
- Receiving a complimentary remake on a shirt or piece of tailored clothing does not disqualify you from a full refund. You’ll just need to return both the original and the remade version of the garment to us to receive a refund.
- For tailored clothing only, in order to request reimbursement for local tailoring expenses, a photo of the receipt must be furnished.
- Up to $125 can be reimbursed for a suit (jacket and pant pair)
- Up to $75 can be reimbursed for a tailored jacket
- Up to $50 can be reimbursed for a tailored pant
- General info on how to request an alteration for a dress shirt
- I’ve already requested my alteration, how do I send the shirt back to you?
Return & Exchange Policy
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your order, you may return it for a full refund (within 90 days) or store credit (within 120 days).
Return & Exchange Policy Terms
- Shirts or other products must be returned within 90 days of when they were purchased to qualify for a full refund.
- Shirts or other products must be returned within 120 days of when they were purchased to qualify for store credit.
- We’re happy to accept returns of shirts that have been laundered once or twice. We often encourage customers to launder their shirt so that they can better evaluate the fit after shrinkage. However, shirts that have been laundered more than twice or that show signs of repeated use will not be accepted as returns.
- Any other products (basically everything besides shirts) must be unworn, unwashed and unaltered in order to be returned for a refund or store credit.
- Refunds can only be issued to the original payment method.
- Processing time for refunds, store credit, and exchanges is 3-7 business days.
- Proper Cloth is not liable for returns that are lost in transit. Customers should keep record of tracking information to minimize confusion.
- Exchanges and remakes are all subject to stock and fabric availability.
- Gift items can be exchanged or returned for store credit by the recipient with proof of purchase.
- Refunds for gifted items can only be issued to the original purchaser’s form of payment.
- Our return policy is not a warranty. Shirts or products with extensive wear may not be accepted as returns.
- Customers deemed to be abusing our return policy may be restricted from making additional purchases. Proper Cloth reserves the right to refuse to do business with any customer for any reason.
Special Notes for Customers outside the US, Canada & EU
- Customers are responsible for any incurred customs duties, fees or taxes. These fees are non-refundable.
- Complimentary outbound shipping is provided for items returned for exchange and alterations for customers located outside of the US, Canada and EU, however, the customer is still responsible for any incurred customs fees or taxes.
The following terms specifically apply to customers in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, and Taiwan.