Our Values 🎯
We value collaboration, honesty, empathy, and excellence for excellence’s sake. No task is too small or too big, and if we’re going to do something, we want to do it to the highest possible standard. Above all, we treat everyone with respect, and everyone’s big ideas are encouraged. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit in great here.
Career Development 💪
We are serious about everyone’s personal and professional growth. Not only do we give our people the opportunities to build new skillsets, we give them the tools as well. From lunch-and-learn trainings, to one-on-one coaching sessions, we know that our people are our greatest asset and are proud to invest our time and resources into taking them to the next level.
We Have Fun 🎉
We like to work hard! And we reward hard work with some of the best perks around: Catered lunches, a stocked kitchen, cold brew and kombucha on tap, a clothing allowance (shirts, shirts, and more shirts!), monthly team outings, full health benefits, and competitive PTO. Oh, and did we mention? We’re a dog-friendly office!
Equal Opportunity Employer ⚖️
This should go without saying, but to be absolutely clear, we are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religion, disability, Veteran status, marital status, gender identity, and citizenship.
From the beginning, great engineering has been core to Proper Cloth. Our ecommerce platform is built from the ground up to support totally custom, made-to-order clothing. We also build tools to automate and streamline business operations, and to analyze data for smarter decision-making. We’re a small, core team building and continuously releasing new features and updates every day. We’re looking for extremely capable engineers that bring new expertise and ideas to the table.
Many ecommerce platforms exist. What makes Proper Cloth’s unique is that it’s built from the ground up to support totally custom, made-to-order clothing. It’s this element of custom that makes what we’re building so powerful: we can quite literally produce a shirt in any style and any size. Quickly and cost effectively. Perfect fit becomes a reality and user experiences become truly personalized. Through it all we generate and collect data about fit and style preferences that other ecommerce companies can only dream of. We’ve only just begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible.
With so many options, custom clothing can easily become overwhelming. It takes an intuitive, multi-layered front-end design to keep it simple and user friendly for novices, yet flexible for experts. Complex, data powered algorithms make custom sizing a snap. Sophisticated business process flows enable customers to help themselves without assistance. Powerful backend systems keep our operations team lean. Extensive use of data analytics and optimization help us continuously refine and improve our marketing, user experience and even physical products.
Some of the features and tools we’ve built include:
- Custom shirt configurator
- Custom size prediction algorithms
- Wishlist management
- Custom size management
- Custom shopping cart and checkout
- Custom CRM and CMS
- Order management tools
- Fraud detection
- Business analytics tools
- Continuous feedback systems
Some of the technologies we currently leverage include:
- Object oriented PHP with ADOdb abstraction layer
- Linux based server admin
- Stripe and Paypal payment processing
- LESS CSS Framework
- Node, jQuery, Vue.js
No current openings.
At Proper Cloth, we’re on a mission to create the world’s next great luxury brand. A brand with all the attention to detail, quality and exceptional customer service that you’d expect from a heritage luxury brand, but built on a platform of technology, leveraging custom fit, and made-to-order for a superior customer experience. We look up to companies like Tesla and Apple that have combined technology and design for beautiful, functional products, as well as the great menswear brands and retailers of the past. We’ve worked hard to create the best-in-class men’s custom shirt offering in the world, but we need to spread the word. It takes a great marketing team to help explain why what we do is so special. At Proper Cloth our in-house marketing team focuses on generating positive brand awareness, driving new customer acquisition, and continuing to engage with existing clients. Our approach to marketing is a fascinating blend of quantifiable, data driven analysis, and creative, qualitative thinking.
No current openings.
An ecommerce business like ours has many moving parts and it’s the operations team that holds it all together: making sure items ship on time, products stay in stock, and inventories stay up to date. New products are constantly arriving from all over the world and being prepped for launch. Orders are shipping out to customers daily. With our volume steadily increasing there are always new challenges. We’re working hard to expand our custom shirt service to a global customer base and to add a range of new product types and are expanding the operations team to help do that.
Junior Operations AssociateView Info & Apply
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2008, Proper Cloth is a pioneer and leader in quality custom-fit, made-to-order shirts, pants, jackets, and suits. We remain unique in our approach, combining technical innovation with premium materials and tasteful clothing design. Our goal is to build a leading menswear brand – but we’re also committed to building a great company.
We are looking for a Remote Junior Operations Associate to assist with Proper Cloth’s daily operational activities. As Proper Cloth continues to grow, we recognize opportunities to continue improving our support for customers on the delivery process of orders as well as ensure product quality. This role will require you to liaise between operations, customer experience, courier representatives, and factory partners. This role is crucial in helping us to continue delivering an exceptional experience to customers, while providing an opportunity to develop experiences in the field of menswear operations and supply chain.
- Liaise between courier notifications and CX team using customer-centric and timely communication and ensuring consistent follow-up on resolution
- Ensure orders are accurately received and processed correctly with factory partners while routinely checking for fraudulent orders and excessive returns customers
- Help troubleshoot all product quality issues for customers with the CX team and ensure proper documentation of issues.
- Communicate efficiently and urgently with major courier services such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL to ensure on time delivery and promptly address any delivery-related requests.
- Actively track delivery status of shipments in transit
- File lost shipment claims with couriers
- Support CX team enquiries on shipping and payment issues
- Help with managing freight shipments
- Assist with ad hoc operations tasks
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills to work with customers to find an optimal solution
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities efficiently.
- Eagerness to learn and adaptability to evolving processes.
- Understanding of the importance and urgency of delivering exceptional service and compassionate approach to customer interactions.
- Excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all interactions.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to achieving results and meeting objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Interest in operations/supply chain
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Availability on peak CX Days is a must! (July Fourth/Black Friday/Cyber Monday)
- You must be available to work five days a week.
- Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.
- Salary range is 50,000-55,000 depending on relevant experience
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous employee discount on merchandise
- 401(k) with match after 1 year of employment
- Opportunity to be fully remote or hybrid
Sales & Customer Experience Team
There’s a good reason we have over 50,000 5-star ratings: our incredible customer experience team. We’re a fun group, full of energy and stories. Every customer experience team member must go through our intensive training program to become an expert on shirting fabrics, styles and how to make a custom shirt fit perfectly. It’s a rigorous program because the customer experience team is standing by to answer the most particular questions about men’s clothing, to provide personalized style advice, to help customers create and tune their custom sizes, and to provide whatever support customers may need.
Showroom Client Advisor (Part Time)View Info & Apply
Do you have a knack for style? A way with people? Then you could be the perfect fit. Proper Cloth is one of the most respected and premium menswear brands in NYC that is also values-driven and has opportunities for growth.
We're looking for a part time Showroom Client Advisor to assist clients in one of our beautiful showrooms. As a Showroom Client Advisor and a member of the Customer Experience team, you will be instrumental in representing the Proper Cloth brand in person. You will learn all about dress shirt fabrics, garment construction, custom suiting, and how to design dress shirts/suits to fit properly. In this role you will become an expert in menswear and custom clothing, fabrics, shirts, and everything that goes into making someone look good and feel good.
We strive to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience, and as a Showroom Client Advisor, this will be your specialty. We're a small team and the right person has the potential to make a big difference. You’ll be getting hands on experience by interacting and selling to our high end clientele. This is not a typical retail job running a cash register and folding sweaters - instead you will be immersed in the world of luxury menswear and having fun while doing it. We are open to clients by appointment.
- Take measurements and assist clients with creating their custom clothing sizes
- Help clients understand fabrics and design options
- Provide clients with style advice
- Help clients make adjustments to their custom garments for a perfect fit
- Assist clients in placing their orders
- Ensure showroom is orderly and product well presented
Who you are:
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive with a friendly attitude
- A hard worker who will do what it takes to get the job done
- Motivated to be your best self every day
- Selling is one of your key strengths
- Excited to learn everything there is to know about menswear and Proper Cloth!
- Generous custom clothing allowance!
- Employee discount on items beyond clothing allowance
- Free lunches & snacks
- Hourly wage of $30
Showroom ManagerView Info & Apply
We're looking for a Showroom Manager to join our team in Soho, New York. As our Showroom Manager and a member of the Customer Experience team, you will be instrumental in representing the Proper Cloth brand in person. You will be responsible for inspiring the team to create the ultimate customer experience that is in line with our Proper Cloth brand values. In addition to managing and mentoring the team, you will become an expert in menswear, custom clothing, fabrics, and everything that goes into making someone look good and feel good.
We strive to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience, and as a Showroom Manager, you will be leading your team to do exactly that. This position gives you the opportunity to be a great leader and to mentor a successful team.
Proper Cloth is open to clients by appointment and has a tremendous focus on the customer experience that you will help curate. This role has a salary range of $65,000-$75,000 + benefits (see below), but there is ample opportunity for more.
As we expand our retail operations you will be closely involved in helping us scale future showrooms and popup shops. You will report to our Head of Showrooms and work closely with our Midtown Showroom Manager. This is a full time and in-person position.
- Achieve target sales and showroom goals
- Recruit, train, and develop showroom staff
- Ensure team is continually up to date on all product knowledge
- Set and maintain clear goals and objectives for staff
- Ensure showroom is clean and product well presented to maintain brand image
- Cultivate an exceptional experience for customers
- Provide continual feedback and evaluation of staff
- Manage showroom team schedules and hours
- Conduct performance reviews for the Soho showroom team
- Maintain communication with Midtown Showroom Manager and Head of Showrooms
- Manage showroom events and projects as needed
- Assist in implementing clienteling strategy
- Champion Proper Cloth brand values
- 1-3 years of retail management or assistant management experience
- Effectively lead and mentor team
- Interest and general knowledge of menswear brands and styles
- Ability to work under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Proper Cloth and the benefits of made-to-measure clothing
- Entrepreneurial spirit to take our showroom to the next level
- Competitive Salary + bonus opportunity
- Full healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employer paid life-insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Generous PTO policy
- Incredible clothing allowance and discounts
- Catered lunch everyday!
At Proper Cloth, we get excited about beautiful clothes. Fabrics, shapes, colors and patterns. Drape and structure. Silhouettes and subtle details. We aspire to create some of the worlds greatest clothing and we have a small internal team dedicated to developing new fabrics and styles.
No current openings.