Black Friday: Free Shipping on All Orders. Ends Sunday at Midnight.
Our Values 🎯
We value collaboration, honesty, empathy, and excellence for excellence’s sake. No task is too small or too big, and if we’re going to do something, we want to do it to the highest possible standard. Above all, we treat everyone with respect, and everyone's big ideas are encouraged. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit in great here.
Career Development 💪
We are serious about everyone's personal and professional growth. Not only do we give our people the opportunities to build new skillsets, we give them the tools as well. From lunch-and-learn trainings, to one-on-one coaching sessions, we know that our people are our greatest asset and are proud to invest our time and resources into taking them to the next level.
We Have Fun 🎉
We like to work hard! And we reward hard work with some of the best perks around: Catered lunches, a stocked kitchen, cold brew and kombucha on tap, a clothing allowance (shirts, shirts, and more shirts!), monthly team outings, full health benefits, and competitive PTO. Oh, and did we mention? We’re a dog-friendly office!
Equal Opportunity Employer ⚖️
This should go without saying, but to be absolutely clear, we are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religion, disability, Veteran status, marital status, gender identity, and citizenship.
From the beginning, great engineering has been core to Proper Cloth. Our ecommerce platform is built from the ground up to support totally custom, made-to-order clothing. We also build tools to automate and streamline business operations, and to analyze data for smarter decision-making. We're a small, core team building and continuously releasing new features and updates every day. We’re looking for extremely capable engineers that bring new expertise and ideas to the table.
Many ecommerce platforms exist. What makes Proper Cloth’s unique is that it’s built from the ground up to support totally custom, made-to-order clothing. It’s this element of custom that makes what we’re building so powerful: we can quite literally produce a shirt in any style and any size. Quickly and cost effectively. Perfect fit becomes a reality and user experiences become truly personalized. Through it all we generate and collect data about fit and style preferences that other ecommerce companies can only dream of. We’ve only just begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible.
With so many options, custom clothing can easily become overwhelming. It takes an intuitive, multi-layered front-end design to keep it simple and user friendly for novices, yet flexible for experts. Complex, data powered algorithms make custom sizing a snap. Sophisticated business process flows enable customers to help themselves without assistance. Powerful backend systems keep our operations team lean. Extensive use of data analytics and optimization help us continuously refine and improve our marketing, user experience and even physical products.
Some of the features and tools we’ve built include:
- Custom shirt configurator
- Custom size prediction algorithms
- Wishlist management
- Custom size management
- Custom shopping cart and checkout
- Custom CRM and CMS
- Order management tools
- Fraud detection
- Business analytics tools
- Continuous feedback systems
Some of the technologies we currently leverage include:
- Object oriented PHP with ADOdb abstraction layer
- Linux based server admin
- Stripe and Paypal payment processing
- LESS CSS Framework
- Node, jQuery, Vue.js
No current openings.
At Proper Cloth, we’re on a mission to create the world’s next great luxury brand. A brand with all the attention to detail, quality and exceptional customer service that you’d expect from a heritage luxury brand, but built on a platform of technology, leveraging custom fit, and made-to-order for a superior customer experience. We look up to companies like Tesla and Apple that have combined technology and design for beautiful, functional products, as well as the great menswear brands and retailers of the past. We’ve worked hard to create the best-in-class men’s custom shirt offering in the world, but we need to spread the word. It takes a great marketing team to help explain why what we do is so special. At Proper Cloth our in-house marketing team focuses on generating positive brand awareness, driving new customer acquisition, and continuing to engage with existing clients. Our approach to marketing is a fascinating blend of quantifiable, data driven analysis, and creative, qualitative thinking.
No current openings.
An ecommerce business like ours has many moving parts and it’s the operations team that holds it all together: making sure items ship on time, products stay in stock, and inventories stay up to date. New products are constantly arriving from all over the world and being prepped for launch. Orders are shipping out to customers daily. With our volume steadily increasing there are always new challenges. We’re working hard to expand our custom shirt service to a global customer base and to add a range of new product types and are expanding the operations team to help do that.
No current openings.
Sales & Customer Experience Team
There's a good reason we have over 30,000 5-star ratings: our incredible customer experience team. We're a fun group, full of energy and stories. Every customer experience team member must go through our intensive training program to become an expert on shirting fabrics, styles and how to make a custom shirt fit perfectly. It’s a rigorous program because the customer experience team is standing by to answer the most particular questions about men’s clothing, to provide personalized style advice, to help customers create and tune their custom sizes, and to provide whatever support customers may need.
Customer Experience AssociateView Info & Apply
As a member of the Customer Experience team, you will be instrumental in representing the Proper Cloth brand to our clients. We strive to deliver an extraordinary shopping and ownership experience, and as a Customer Experience Associate, this will be your specialty. You'll learn all about dress shirt fabrics, garment construction, how to design dress shirts to fit properly and how to give incredible customer service.
What you'll do:
- Deliver a 5-star customer experience through phone, email, chat, and our in person showroom.
- Cultivate relationships with our customers – advise them in all things fit, fabric, and style
- Learn everything there is to know about our product and our internal management system in order to successfully manage customer relationships
- Help us improve! You will be our ear to the ground – noticing trends in customer inquiries and bringing them to the attention of our tech, marketing, and product teams. We are a small team – everybody’s input counts!
Who you are:
- A hard worker who will do what it takes to get the job done
- High energy, friendly, and compassionate
- Smart and well-organized – able to multitask effectively
- Positive and eager to learn!
- Motivated to be your best self every day
- Salary and full health
- Competitive 401(k)
- Dog friendly office
- Free shirts!
- Employee discount on products
- This is a full-time, salaried position. You must be available to work five days a week.
- Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.
- This position requires you to be in the office. We take all possible precautions due to Covid-19 and only allow a small number of team members in the office at one time.
At Proper Cloth, we get excited about beautiful clothes. Fabrics, shapes, colors and patterns. Drape and structure. Silhouettes and subtle details. We aspire to create some of the worlds greatest clothing and we have a small internal team dedicated to developing new fabrics and styles.
Fabric Design CoordinatorView Info & Apply
We are looking for an aspiring Fabric Coordinator to assist our current Product Design Lead. This person must have a love for product, fashion (particularly menswear), a keen eye for fabrics, and has some relevant design experience. This position calls for someone that is extremely organized, is creatively driven, and has impeccable attention to detail. Excellent communication skills
- Collaborate to develop CAD designs for new fabrics and patterns
- Collect and compile design ideas from design team and document/communicate with suppliers
- Meet with Fabric Mills to review new seasonal collections and discuss ongoing projects
- Assist our head of Product Design with daily tasks
- Supervise fabric sampling and assist in fabric approvals
- Collaborate with our Fabric Designer for seasonal trend reports and trend forecasting
- Monitor, track, and report on all fabric developments
- Placing fabric and trim orders with suppliers in Italy, China, Japan and Portugal
- Coordinate with mills and factories for fabric shipments and set up.
- Manage trim development and ordering
- Maintain present and future product ideas in office in an orderly fashion
- Compile all archives in an organized system and keep up to date
- Help keep other Proper Cloth teams updated on new developments and product launch calendar.
- Provide copywriting team necessary information for writing descriptions/marketing
- Update customer service team on new styles and developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in fashion or design related field)
- Design or Product Internship/Job Experience
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to Multi-task
- Meticulous and creative
- Deadline oriented
We’d like to see:
- Passion for Design and Development
- Ability to work independently
- Great communication skills
- Motivated, Resourceful, and Strong work ethic
- Good taste and awareness of the menswear market
- Graphic Design skills are a bonus