Getting a perfect fitting custom suit, jacket, or pants on the first try is not always possible. For some, this will require a round of alterations. With Proper Cloth, your first round of alterations are completely complimentary, though getting them done right will require a little effort on your part. The following are our best practices to make the most out of your alteration and ensure a perfect fit on the second try.
Local Tailoring & Reimbursement
For tailored clothing items like suits, jackets, and pants the quickest and most efficient means of getting the Perfect Fit can often be by way of your trusted local tailor. If the adjustments are minor and you don’t mind stopping by your preferred tailoring shop, we’ll be glad to reimburse you for the alterations!
Send us a photo (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the receipt and we’ll provide you with store credit or a refund (up to $125 for a suit, $75 for a jacket and $50 for trousers).
Email us photos to get advice
If you want to get a second (experienced) opinion, don’t hesitate to email photos of how the garments fit to email@example.com. We are very experienced at helping clients perfect their fit and we are more than happy to assist. Please consider the following guidelines to make your photos most effective.
- Take at least three photos per garment–3 of you in your jacket and 3 of your pants.
- The first photo should be of you facing the camera, arms at your sides, looking straight ahead. The second photo should be of you in the same position, but facing 90 degrees to the camera, so that we can assess your posture/profile. The third photo should be of you in the same position with your back to the camera. Please, no selfies.
- Look straight ahead with your arms at your sides for all photos.
- Wear a well-fitting, tucked in shirt as you intend to wear it with your suit, jacket, or pants. This will help us ensure we’re considering sleeve length and other aspects of the fit accordingly.
- If you want to send any other photos in addition to these three, that’s great, but please make sure you send at least the three standard pictures described here, per garment.
Please see example photos below.