Not all changes require a full remake. If the adjustments to your jacket or pants sizes are minor, it may make more sense to have them altered locally by a tailor, which we’re happy to reimburse with store credit.
Requesting Tailoring Credit/Reimbursement
Once you’ve had the alterations done, email a photo of the receipt along with the Proper Cloth order number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to reimburse you via store credit.
- The amount that will be reimbursed depends on the type of garment:
- Up to $125 for a suit (jacket and pant pair)
- Up to $75 for a jacket
- Up to $50 for dress pants
- Up to $30 for casual pants
- Maximum tailoring credit per customer is $300
- Requests for tailoring reimbursement must be initiated within 90 days of when the order was placed.
- More details on tailoring reimbursements here.
Dimensions That Can Be Altered by a Tailor
Alterations that could make sense to do with a local tailor include:
- Shortening the sleeve length up to 0.5”
- Lengthening the sleeve length up to 0.5”
- Slimming the midsection up to 2”
- Moving the collar back up to 1”
- Widening the waist up to 1”
- Slimming the waist up to 1”
- Slimming the hips/seat up to 1”
- Shortening the inseam up to 4”
- Lengthening the inseam up to 1”
- Slimming the pant leg up to 1”
- Reducing the leg opening width up to 1.5”
Finding a Tailor and Completing Alterations
Having your garments altered locally is up to you. We don’t have specific tailors to recommend. If you don’t have a tailor that you trust, try searching online for one in your area with a good reputation. When you meet with them, you can usually tell them exactly what you want to change, or you can put the garments on with them and together determine what alterations make sense.
Important: Note the Size Changes
We strongly encourage you to take note of what changes your tailor makes to the garments so that you can update your saved sizes for future orders. Our support team is always happy to help update your profile for you.
A Potentially Faster Alternative
In some cases, having your garments altered locally can be faster than requesting a full remake. Check here for current delivery times for garment remakes (remakes have the same delivery times as new orders).