You have visions of wearing your shirt open-collar and looking as sharp as Clooney/Pitt/Beckham, but for some reason your collar isn’t on the same page. It’s folding over, flopping to the side, or sliding down rather than standing straight up.
A few tweaks to your Shirt Design and can help alleviate this issue. Employing a combination of the options below will definitely improve your collar’s ability to stand up strong when unbuttoned.
- Select our or Stand Up French Front as the front style for your shirts. The Stand Up Front Placket and Stand Up French Front have the same look as their standard counterparts, but feature a special stiff, fused interlining in both the front and back (button) side of the placket that allows the collar to stand up incredibly well. We developed these styles specifically to combat floppy collars.
- posture adjustment to your Saved Size to ensure the back of the collar aligns with the back of your neck for support.
- to rein in how wide the collar can spread when unbuttoned. The Top Button Placement can be adjusted in your Saved Size.
- Double-check that the correct , Yoke Width, and Chest size are applied. A tight upper chest or incorrect Shoulder Slope for your build can adversely affect the collar’s presentation.
- Consider going with a button down collar, such as our . With the collar points fastened to the shirt just below the collar band, the collar won’t have the same slipping issues as a standard point collar.