194 reviews. Average rating 4.66/5
Recommended by 91%.
Enrico in Staten Island, NY
“Beautiful and sturdy fabric”
Bernard in Jersey City, NJ
“The weight and feel of the fabric is very good.”
Mark in Wellesley, MA
Woven and dyed in Japan, this selvage chambray is the real deal. Made in small batches on shuttle looms, a technique pioneered in America but perfected by Japanese mills, the slightly uneven weave and melange yarn gives this dark slate chambray incredible visual texture. We love the color on this one, sort of in between charcoal and blue, with more variation the closer you look at it. The dye will also fade out over time, meaning this shirt gets better the more you wear it. Woven with slubby 20s single ply yarns, it will soften up and break in significantly after the first wash, like the classic chambray shirt you always wanted. Only wash with like colors.Definitely go with a soft collar, cuff and placket on this one; our Soft President Spread collar gives it a Western shirt vibe, or go for a Colorado Button Down for a solid casual look.
Fabric Technical Details
- Suggested Style: Casual
- Weave: Denim/Chambray (?)
- Composition: 100% Cotton
- Thread Count: 40s (?)
- Thickness: Lightweight (?)
- Opacity Rating: 3/5 Fairly Opaque (?)
- Wrinkle Resistance: 3/5 Slightly Wrinkle-Resistant (?)
- Origin: Japan
- Fabric ID: PCF1855
- Care: Standard care instructions (?)
- Shrinkage: Please note that this fabric comes with an extra shrinkage allowance of 2% in the sleeve length and collar. We suggest you wash and press this shirt for optimal size consistency with all of our other fabrics.
JAPANESE SLATE BLUE CHAMBRAY SHIRTS
Our Perfect Fit Guarantee
It’s pretty simple. Try one of our shirts. We guarantee a perfect fit. We send it. You try it on. If it doesn’t fit perfectly (it usually does), let us know what needs to change and return the shirt. We’ll alter or remake your first shirt for free and save a new size on your profile for convenient reordering.