How is the Proper Cloth perfect fit guarantee special?
1) First of all, lets just recognize that a perfect fit guarantee of any kind is a pretty spectacular promise. I mean, seriously. Try asking Brooks Brothers to make you a shirt a bit slimmer and you'll get laughed out of the store. Tell Bonobos that their shirt sleeves are a bit too short for your arms and you'll be advised to go from Medium to Large.
2) When you order a shirt from Proper Cloth, the odds that it fits perfectly are very high. Our size algorithms are well tested and optimized. We've been making custom fit shirts for 3 years now. We have thousands of customers and thousands of customer feedback data points. And we're engineers. Seph went to MIT! We constantly analyze this data and have been steadily tweaking our explanations and algorithms for the best results. So, whether you choose to measure your body, measure a shirt or just answer our smart sizes survey, be confident that there's a high likelihood you'll get a perfect fit on the first shirt.
3) Unlike other custom clothing companies that tout "100% perfect fit guarantee", we won't just give you some store credit and send you to a local tailor. Adjusting a shirt this way produces sub-optimal results and still leaves open the possibility that future shirts will not fit perfectly straight out of the box. Not to mention it won't be much help if you need to make the shirt larger! At Proper Cloth, we will alter or remake the shirt ourselves, guaranteeing perfectly replicable results.
4) Our production is one of the most advanced made to measure systems in existence. This gives us the ability to make really careful adjustments in a digitally specified, precisely replicable way that the competition can't. Everything from shoulder slope to the number of pleats at your cuff is computer controlled in our system, digitally integrated with our proprietary CAD system. This allows us (or you yourself) to precisely update your saved sizes with extremely personal adjustments.
5) Finally, we're just really good at making alterations quick, hassle-free and painless. We recognize that getting the perfect fit on the first shirt you order online is tough - and alterations are going to be necessary from time to time. We've got super friendly American customer service folks sitting here, happy to help you figure out what we can do to solve your unique fit problem. And we'll move fast. If you're not happy with the fit of your first shirt, you can expect a modified shirt to ship in 2 weeks! With Proper Cloth, you can order a shirt, receive it, try it on, figure out what changes you'd like to make, and have an altered shirt in your hands in the time it takes other tailors to just make you your first shirt!